Thursday, 14 June 2012

Just over a month to go!

Okay, I have one month and two days until my first day as "Events Assistant to the Event Manager" at 8 Northumberland, an amazing venue in central London. Maybe some background info would help, seeing as this is the first post.

I started applying for placements, either in London, Southampton or Cheltenham back in January but hadn't seen any that really jumped out at me. Until 8 Northumberland! The position was advertised on the placement database at Uni, and I got an email exactly 4 hours after applying for it! I rushed down to London to have my first interview, which was terrifying, if only about 20minutes long! I didn't hear anything back from them for a few weeks, but then I got an email from the Events Manager, Ellie, asking me to go back down to London asap for another interview with herself, and a general manager Adrian.  The weekend after the interview was so tense, I'd assumed I hadn't got it as I was meant to hear back the next day, but decided to email Ellie on the Monday just to get confirmation, so I could start looking for other placements. But she emailed back right away saying I'd been successful!

So here I am, just over a month away from starting my placement, and i'm in the middle of sorting through all my stuff I've brought with me from Uni, deciding what I will take with me when I move to London in 3 weeks!

Just some of the stuff I have to sort through!

Hopefully once I start work I will update this blog once a week, because a daily report might just get a bit boring....however do look out for photos I'll be posting, most likely on my way to work each day!

Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment